Theme Parks

For Tourists and New Vegans. Short list of top Vegan Restaurants and a fun Touristy Todo list combining Vegan destinations with typical LA fun.

Theme Parks

Postby lex on Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:40 pm

I think we should start a topic for each Theme Park, etc in this Things To Do area and list all the vegan survival tips and links to blogs covering them.
lex
Site Admin

Re: Theme Parks

Postby Michelle on Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:17 pm

Stumbled across this page today...

http://www.disneylandnews.com/article_d ... cle_id=325

Disneyland Resort gets thousands of requests annually from guests with special dietary needs, said Chef Chris Justesen. Most requested are meals free of gluten, eggs, dairy, peanuts and tree nuts.

With a call three days in advance, Disneyland full-service restaurants can accommodate special dietary needs.

This information's kind of old except for the last few posts which are from earlier this month...
http://www.postpunkkitchen.com/forum/vi ... p?id=33354

Personally, when I go to Disneyland I don't want to waste a couple of hours at a full-service restaurant (would rather spend that time in line for Space Mountain or watching a parade!) but it's nice to know they are willing to accomodate. I'm pretty sure you can get veggie burgers and grilled veggie sandwiches at the quick-service restaurants throughout the park. I'll note my findings when we head out there this Thursday and report back. :)
Michelle

Postby lex on Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:15 pm

lex
Site Admin

Postby Michelle on Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:33 pm

The concept of gumbo has always turned my stomach but maybe I can handle it if I just look at it as a hearty vegetable stew. :)
This will be especially nice when it gets cold watching the fireworks late at night.
Michelle

Postby Michelle on Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:53 am

I finally tried the Disneyland veg gumbo and it was AMAZING!!! I was so not expecting to like it that much. Wow!

It was nice & warm, full of fresh veggies in a huge sourdough bread bowl. The restaurant is located right next to the entrance to Pirates of the Carribean so people kept walking up to the ride and eyeballing my gumbo. Lol, hope I helped increase the sale of vegetarian gumbo. :lol:

For dinner hubby made reservations at The Blue Bayou and spoke w/the chef to request vegan meals for both of us. Our reservation ticket indicated it was a birthday dinner and a vegan meal with no animal products was requested...thought it was funny they spelled "vegan" with an "i." The waiter said the only thing I could eat was the portabello mushroom & couscous (very tasty dish, had it before) but we told him we spoke w/the chef regarding additional options and he quickly verified this w/the chef. Came back to tell us we could also have a rice noodle dish w/veggies & vegan marinara sauce. I chose the pasta while hubby ordered the couscous so we could split everything. The waiter also ordered me a vegan salad which I thought was really nice. :) Pics to come...

The waiter, staff, & chef were very polite and accomodating from the time the reservations were placed to when we finished out meal. For a non-vegan restaurant they did a very nice job in providing delicious, fresh, & healthy vegan meals. :)
Michelle

Return to Welcome Tourists & New Vegans