Trader Joe's 99% Fat Free Breads

A refuge for healthy vegans living the high carb low fat lifestyle in the 3rd most overweight city in the USA. Pics and reviews of restaurants that cater to the oil free low fat McDougall Munchers

Trader Joe's 99% Fat Free Breads

Postby lex on Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:13 am

As I've returned to my PRE LOS ANGELES weight I'm transitioning to the regular McDougall Diet and adding flour back into my regular regime. Trader Joes has a few awesome 99% fat free vegan breads. #1 is the Whole Wheat Sourdough. The slices are HUGE! Great for doing black bean patties or falafel sandwiches with. #2. is their regular 99% fat free Sourdough not as complex a carb as the Whole Wheat but still oil free #3. The 99% Fat Free Rolls which I haven't done, yet but am already devising stuffing them with vegan goodness.

They can be found usually on the top shelf of the bread section. They are HUGE basketball sized sliced loafs. I'm eating two slices as I type this this morning, covered with Agave and Cinnamon :)
lex
Site Admin

Re: Trader Joe's 99% Fat Free Breads

Postby Kristin on Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:07 pm

2 Slices = 1 Loaf .... It's just that good :D I wish I had some now!! Instead I'm dipping burned popcorn into Salsa :cry:
Kristin

Return to McDougall Eating In Los Angeles