Welcome McDougall Munchers

A refuge for healthy vegans living the high carb low fat lifestyle in the 3rd most overweight city in the USA. Pics and reviews of restaurants that cater to the oil free low fat McDougall Munchers

Welcome McDougall Munchers

Postby lex on Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:50 pm

So it took me 8 months of living in LA to put on 10-15 extra pounds enjoying the plethora of vegan restaurants I've reviewed above. Cooking at home I've always adhered to the McDougall program, but its obvious that I can't cheat at restaurants any more. My last poisonous meal was a greasy brunch at Real Food Daily where I just felt sick after eating the hash browns, which were just globs of gross oil. Over the next month(s) I'm going to attempt detail McDougall Options at our Vegan & Vegan Friendly restaurants, but I'll definitely be doing the majority of my eating at home while I reverse the damage I've done to myself. I can honestly say I've come to the point where fat repulses me on many levels, equal to dead animals and just as toxic to my body. On that light note please post up low fat high carb meal photos / reviews / restaurant information in the area below.

*note: You'll see Honey mentioned in a few McDougall Recipes, just sub Agave for the Honey.
lex
Site Admin

Re: Welcome McDougall Munchers

Postby lex on Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:40 pm

http://www.plantbasednutrition.org/saved-by-nutrition/ Dr. Campbell's new website dedicated to helping people save their own lives. There's a forum that has spots for oil free cooking, etc!
lex
Site Admin

Return to McDougall Eating In Los Angeles