In town for a few days

Say hello to other Vegans in LA. Feel free to be brief or long winded. What part of LA you live in? Favorite Veg spots. Anything else that you don't feel is too personal for the internet!

In town for a few days

Postby ryanpatey on Wed May 20, 2009 2:53 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm in town for a few days to promote the newest issue of my vegan magazine T.O.F.U. and I'm wondering what I simply have to check out before I leave. A friend of mine did a review of the city in this issue, but I figure I should check with some locals as well.
So, I'm hungry now and going to wonder out around Culver City to see what I can come up with, but tomorrow is a day off that could involve driving to places.
Any ideas?

thanks,
Ryan Patey
www.ilovetofu.ca
ryanpatey

Re: In town for a few days

Postby lex on Wed May 20, 2009 6:09 pm

Cool man! Culver City is great! You can grab a bite at MCafe, get the Big Macro that's the signature thing there. I like their ice cream, too. But also you can take a few steps down and get an insane meal or just some muffins at Akasha. That's just the tip of the ice burg!

LA requirements in no order - Native Foods -MCafe -Real Food Daily (santa monica only) those are our institutions. If you flew in make sure you hit up Veggie Grill near the airport on your way out. There are something like 178 Veg places in LA plus an additional infinite # of places that will vegan it up for you so you have to stay here for like 2 years to catch up :)
lex
Site Admin

Postby tomN on Wed May 20, 2009 9:55 pm

SCOOPS!!!! They always have at least 4 vegan flavors of ice cream.
But get there early because they sometimes run out.
712 N. Heliotrope Dr. (near Melrose)
Los Angeles, Ca 90029

And it's across the street from Pure Luck vegan restaurant which is one of my favorites.
tomN

Postby veganskier1 on Thu May 21, 2009 12:05 pm

Madeline Bistro in Tarzana
veganskier1

Postby ryanpatey on Sat May 23, 2009 12:06 pm

Hey folks,
Thanks for all the suggestions. It seems time has run away from me over the past few days, and now I'm looking at my last full day right now. Hopefully I can get at least one good vegan restaurant crossed off the list before we leave for Arizona early tomorrow morning.
If any of you are interested, we're at the Genghis Cohen tonight. It would be great to meet a few vegans before I head out of town for the rest of the tour.

hope all is well,
Ryan
www.ilovetofu.ca
ryanpatey

Return to Introduce Yourself [Start Here For Posting]