PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Say hello to other Vegans in LA. Feel free to be brief or long winded. What part of LA you live in? Favorite Veg spots. Anything else that you don't feel is too personal for the internet!

PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Postby lex on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:49 pm

Hi, I'm Lex. I moved to LA permanently in April after working on a software project here for 7 years remotely. I decided to create this forum to log all the vegan goodness in LA for myself and others. I also host Vegan Drinks www.meetup.com/vegandrinks and own Thanksliving.com the Vegan ThanksGiving website. I live on the Westside with my girlfriend Kristin and we both try to balance our vegan gluttony with a heap of running! We're hoping we'll grow out of our "Foodie" condition before it becomes terminal.
lex
Site Admin

Re: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Postby Michelle on Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:26 pm

I'm Michelle from Los Angeles. I'm really, really interested in discovering what's up in the vegan world in LA. This board is a great resource for pooling all of that info together so thanks Lex for all the hard work!

Technically I live in LA County but am way closer to Orange County so I've joined some veg meetup groups in Orange County to meet more like-stomached people & see what's going on in the OC. I wish LA wasn't so H-U-G-E and it were easier to get to the great restaurants/stores/events all over LA County. Unfrtunately LA traffic makes everything take longer.

My husband isn't veg but really supportive of my interests and doesn't mind tagging along on all my vegan adventures. I'm definately looking to meet more veg-minded people & events all over southern cali. Let's not let San Francisco & it's surrounding cities outshine LA as the vegan capital of the state. :)

Besides looking for great vegan places to eat/shop I'm looking forward to getting back into playing tennis. I think I may have finally found a vegan tennis shoe (this has been quite the quest!) so am eager to get back on the court! Ok, back to watching the Ducks game (NHL- Anaheim Ducks rule!)! :D
Michelle

Postby lex on Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:37 am

Thanks for the intro! I 100% agree we need to focus on making LA the vegan capital of the world!
lex
Site Admin

Postby drew on Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:45 am

Hello, Im Drew - Ive been in LA for over 6 years now. I love it here, especially being a vegan - there are many places that cater towards my diet. Its nice to see those businesses do well from the amount of other vegans out there. Glad to see a forum out there for us.
drew

Postby Jeffrey on Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:15 am

Hello everyone. I am from Canada, have lived and worked in the USA for about 16 years (was married to an American) as a writer http://www.jeffreymfreedman.com
I returned to L.A. this time for the production of the biopic I wrote, 'Vivaldi' http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0469879/
Besides writing and classical music, I am most passionate about animal welfare, Europe, pasta, service/literacy work, Buddhism, Judaism, etc.
I am home sitting a friend's place in Sherman Oaks and looking for a more permanent residence somewhere in this very large and endlessly fascinating city.
Looking forward to meeting and hearing from you.
Best regards,
Jeffrey
jmfvegan@sbcglobal.net
Jeffrey

Postby lex on Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:44 pm

Welcome back to LA Jeffery. When was the last time you were here? It was good to meet you at the Anonymous Vegan's Exposed at Casa De Tree yesterday! Vivaldi looks fantastic, I can't wait!
lex
Site Admin

Postby RachelS on Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:25 am

Hello everyone, my name is Rachel. I found this forum and was happy to register as I am a vegan who lives in L.A. I am 18 years old, yes, I am young, however, I've been vegan since I was six...so I am pretty serious about it. I thought this would be a way to possibly meet like minded people closer to my age. I am currently interning with an artist in Glendale and he is helping me to prepare my portfolio for art school. And that is me in a nutshell. Thank you.

-Rachel
RachelS

Postby lex on Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:33 pm

Welcome Rachel! Great to have you on vegan-la!
lex
Site Admin

Postby atomique on Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:07 pm

Hello all!

My name is Brittany. I live in Studio City. Just quit my job in December and trying to figure out what I want to do. My boyfriend is a film maker and we just shot our first film this summer.

I also run a vegan food blog: http://www.sickoflettuce.com. My hopes are that one day it's a really popular site and restaurants will let me eat for free in hopes of getting some publicity. Ah, yes, SOME day...

I take the same route as Lex and run a lot to keep up with the amount of food I eat.
atomique

Postby lex on Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:13 pm

Welcome to the board Brittany!! I love your blog! How have I not found it before now??? I just added it to my RSS reader and will catch up on all your great posts!
lex
Site Admin

Next

Return to Introduce Yourself [Start Here For Posting]