Veggie & Tea House

Breaking news on new Vegan Eating Venues

Veggie & Tea House

Postby lex on Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:10 am

http://www.veggieandteahouse.com/p11.asp

I saw the Cathedral City location in the works and went to their website and realized they have a location in Pasadena already open and one coming to WestWood. But here is the kicker!!!! LOOK AT THIS MENU! ! http://www.veggieandteahouse.com/p1-1.asp
OIL FREE - LOW CALORIE they put that next to dishes that meet that criteria ++++ they tell you how fatty and nasty the fried stuff is and post full nutritional info. For a small chain this is just outstanding! I'll be a regular for sure! Not like Veggie Grill who just sickens their entire customer base at the rationalization of "at least they aren't eating at mcdonalds" I have higher goals for a restaurant and Veggie & Tea House #1 being organic #2 posting nutritional info #3 actually understanding nutritional info - 1 for not being totally vegan (i saw eggs on the menu) but still. Count me a lifer at the Westwood location and I'll be hitting up the Pasadena asap!
lex
Site Admin

Re: Veggie & Tea House

Postby Gauri Radha on Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:59 pm

Never heard of this place before, and I'm way closer to Pasadena than to Westwood. Anyone here tried it yet?

The vegan items on their menu are clearly marked, from what I can see online.
Punjabi Vegan Hindu Dancer
Gauri Radha

Postby lex on Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:55 pm

we will try it by next weekend for sure. Their website lingo has me sold.
lex
Site Admin

Postby lex on Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:29 am

I went to the one in San Dimas, its OK, the only neat thing is the giant boat they bring the food out in & how they have all the nutritional info for every dish on the menu. Its not perfect info, though. The steamed noodles were covered with oil and so were the 0 fat cabbage rolls... The only thing I could eat was the steamed veggie and rice boat. The restaurant was a little dingy and after their lies on nutritional info vs how the dish was actually prepared I only nibbled... I guess I'd have to know more about them, but most of the produce comes from their farm, but I don't think they really understand what being vegan is all about as they give you sides of mayo with your vegan dishes.. Its a good attempt, just not well educated.
lex
Site Admin

Postby Gauri Radha on Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:26 pm

Thanks for the info Lex. Aside from Scoops and such establishments, I'm trying to go to as many all-vegan places as I can these days. (So they don't close down from lack of customers!)

So maybe I'll hold off on Tea House for now.
Punjabi Vegan Hindu Dancer
Gauri Radha

Return to New Vegan Eats