My Vegan in Pasadena

Breaking news on new Vegan Eating Venues

My Vegan in Pasadena

Postby lex on Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:54 pm

Well, I've posted enough about Pasadena having no vegan options and the Thai Vegan Associate must have been reading!

My Vegan
633 South Arroyo Parkway Ste 3
Pasadena, CA 91105
(626) 578-9017

Hopefully some Pasadena readers can let us know more about this new option!
lex
Site Admin

My Vegan - Pasadena

Postby Linda on Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:05 am

I just found out that Pasadena finally has a vegan restaurant! It's Thai, of course. ;)

My Vegan
633 South Arroyo Parkway
Suite 3
Pasadena, CA 91105
Tel: 626-578-9017
http://www.vegguide.org/entry/8881

We're planning on heading there this evening, so I'll let you know what it's like.
Linda

Re: My Vegan in Pasadena

Postby lex on Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:35 pm

Merged you on into the New Vegan Eats section. I need to start shadowing these onto the 100% Vegan and Vegan Friendly forum, its kind of an experiment to see how its going to go.
lex
Site Admin

Postby Kevin on Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:50 pm

Probably driven by it 100 times but we'll have to try it and report back. Though, I have to confess, I'm not going to be racing out to try another veg thai place...
Kevin

Postby Linda on Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:14 pm

I've certainly eaten at better restaurants, but hey, this place is vegan & it's in Pasadena, so I'd probably eat here a lot even if it wasn't as good as it is. We were pretty impressed with the food we got, but we'll be trying other things on the menu next time, since there's just so much choice.

We had the miso soup - fairly standard; papaya salad - be warned, this is pretty hot, but tasty; ginger rice soup with soy chicken - really nice flavours of ginger & the red rice in a warming broth; and the soy fish dinner special - comes with fried brown rice (the kind they use is fairly red & nicely chewy), salad and a spring roll. I really liked the soy fish, but my partner found the sweet & sour sauce with pineapple chunks it came in a bit much. He loved everything else though. They also gave us a free dessert - lychees on ice. It's a shame they used tinned sweetened lychees, but it was a nice touch.

Outside

Inside

Papaya salad

Ginger rice soup
Linda

Postby lex on Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:31 pm

Wow thanks for posting up the pics!!! Pasadena definitely needed this place!!!
lex
Site Admin

Postby TofuForTu on Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:35 am

my wife and i have been here several times. We definitely are fans to say the least, especially since its near our home. Try the fried chicken sandwich and fries, the chicken tacos, the chicken and pepper steak wraps, pretty much anything non-thai. Reason being, you can get thai-vegan at several places already. My Vegan thankfully offers all the fore-mentioned items in addition to the thai stuff (which is also very good) and it all tastes great, and most importantly fresh. Its a clean place, has parking, staff is friendly, and the prices are right. Definitely worth a shot or two or three!
TofuForTu

Postby Kevin on Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:57 pm

Still haven't gone! Need to get there ASAP. Maybe this weekend...
Kevin

Postby Gauri Radha on Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:33 pm

I end up stopping in quite a bit, because I'm located in Pasadena and there aren't many other vegan options around here.
I've tried the vegan pancakes, the green curry dish and their coconut ice-cream, and I liked all three. I really like the green curry at Lotus Vegan on Vineland also (I actually don't mind the ubiquitous LA Vegan-Thai places as much as other people because I'm a huge green curry fan in general :D )
Punjabi Vegan Hindu Dancer
Gauri Radha

Postby lex on Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:41 pm

I just went there, too! Its a decent place. Everything on the menu is pretty much fried, though, but they made us steamed brown rice and veggies.
lex
Site Admin

Next

Return to New Vegan Eats