Areas that need a Vegan Restaurant

Breaking news on new Vegan Eating Venues

Areas that need a Vegan Restaurant

Postby lex on Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:20 am

#1. Montana Ave in Santa Monica. Its a rich upscale area that is totally under served for healthy organic food. There is an almost friendly place you can eat called Kreation, but its limited to some hummus type tapas. A nice place that serves fresh organic fare catering to the North of Montana House wife would really rake in the lettuce. Maybe even make vegan lunch boxes for their kids to take to private school. $$$

Also, every shopping mall/area in LA could use one, too. 3rd Street / Beverly Center / Century City

I had more on here but Pasadena recently got My Vegan and Beverly Hills MCafe opened. So the Vegan holes are being plugged!
lex
Site Admin

Re: Areas that need a Vegan Restaurant

Postby Michelle on Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:57 pm

Pasadena could use a few more vegan places. They have way too many sushi restaurants. :cry:

A few years ago they had a raw restaurant that I was lucky enough to try a couple of times. Too bad it didn't last, would've been worth the drive.

I'm definately enjoying the 2 Whole Foods, namely the new 2-story Arroyo location.
Michelle

Postby lex on Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:11 am

yeah good call, you'd think with that vibrant outdoor mall feel to the downtown & alternative outfitters we'd have something better than OReans... There's a little falafel joint listed in happycow.net that can do some items vegan, but you have to stomach a rack of lamb being carved in front of you...
lex
Site Admin

Postby drew on Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:15 pm

Downtown LA is pretty desolate....

There's Shojin in Little Tokyo... and there's that cafe on Wilshire that only seems to be open during business lunch hours...

in general though, I gotta get in the car and drive a little bit if I want to go out to eat
drew

Postby lex on Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:50 pm

Have you been to Doomies?
lex
Site Admin

Postby quarrygirl on Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:20 pm

i live in laurel canyon and we are fucking dying for a vegan restaurant! the closest vegan resto is probably vegan plate in studio city. i wish there was one in west hollywood, like maybe around sunset and crescent heights. the valley is kind of far away and a pain to get to.

don't get me wrong, i don't expect them to put a vegan eatery next to pace or anything....just some thing anywhere near the strip would be nice.

damn damn damn. all i have near me is bloody vegan thai!
quarrygirl

Postby quarrygirl on Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:51 pm

lex wrote:#1. Montana Ave in Santa Monica. Its a rich upscale area that is totally under served for healthy organic food. There is an almost friendly place you can eat called Kreation, but its limited to some hummus type tapas. A nice place that serves fresh organic fare catering to the North of Montana House wife would really rake in the lettuce. Maybe even make vegan lunch boxes for their kids to take to private school. $$$

BTW, this is SO true! i have been meaning to try kreation, but other than that, this area is begging for a fancy over-priced vegan place! :) it would do sooooo well.
quarrygirl

Postby Linda on Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:54 pm

Michelle wrote:Pasadena could use a few more vegan places. They have way too many sushi restaurants. :cry:

We really could! But as for too much sushi - have you tried Japon Bistro & Sachi Sushi (Both on Colorado, near Lake)? Both have separate mostly-vegan menus. 8-)
Linda

Postby lex on Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:37 pm

My #2 above is now filled with the new MCafe. I have been trying to tell Doomie to reopen in Pasadena! Someone's going to do it and get mad business!
lex
Site Admin

Postby lex on Sat May 02, 2009 1:06 am

My Vegan Opened in Pasadena and filled that gap.

I have more areas of interest that need a vegan restaurant.
#1&2. 3rd street promenade in SM & 3rd street near the Grove
#3. The Beverly Center
#4. Monanta in SM really needs something, but the economy is really effecting that area, tons of businesses have shuttered there, but that could mean cheap rent for anyone interested. Tons of walking traffic / beach access / wealthy demographic / easy parking
lex
Site Admin

Next

Return to New Vegan Eats