BabyCakes GRAND OPENING COMING SOON??????

Breaking news on new Vegan Eating Venues

Re: BabyCakes not until Feb

Postby Kristin on Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:49 am

Finally, an address so we can start stalking them down :lol:

WEST HOLLYWOOD, CA (opening soon)

7501 Beverly Boulevard
(Btwn N.Gardner & N.Sierra Bonita)
Los Angeles, CA 90036 (Google map)

For delivery information, click here.

From GAYOT.com:

Erin McKenna plans to open the first West Coast outpost of BabyCakes NYC near The Grove, sharing space with the Earnest Sewn denim design shop. The bakery will feature cupcakes, banana-chocolate chip bread, cookies, brownies, cornbread, crumb cakes and biscuits. McKenna promises her baked goods will be sweetened with agave nectar and free of common allergens like wheat, gluten, dairy, casein and eggs. The space will feature brick walls, high ceilings, wooden floors and patio seating.
Kristin

Postby Sandy on Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:17 pm

That is an old article. The deal with Earnest Sewn soured in the fall and the new shop got postponed until late spring. Last I heard, it's now postponed indefinitely. I just moved from New York (four blocks from Babycakes) and my roommate used to work there, so she has the latest info. That being said, I certainly wouldn't mind a cinnamon toasty right about now.
Sandy

Postby lex on Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:08 pm

Oh I'm so jealous of you!!! If you're close to BabyCakes that means your close to Scared Chow, too! Yeah we found that posted on their website.
lex
Site Admin

Postby atomique on Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:42 pm

I can't say I'm a fan of Babycakes. I thought the frosting was good but the cupcakes taste like playdoh. I tried the red velvet and the chocolate. Even my boyfriend, who will eat anything with sugar, thought they were kind of bleh.

But I think it's good that people with allergies have a place to buy sweets!
atomique

Postby Kristin on Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:31 am

I think they sweeten everything with Agave so they aren't too sugary. We are big fans of their cupcake tops
Kristin

Postby Sandy on Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:06 am

New rumor is circulating that the plans to open an LA store are back on. This time downtown and potentially by the end of summer.
Sandy

Postby lex on Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:15 pm

downtown, no offense to down towners ,would make NO SENSE! It needs to be in WEHO or silverlake
lex
Site Admin

Postby lex on Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:38 am

L.A. people: this is going to hurt, but only for a second, ok? We all know that the economy has taken a turn for the worse and is affecting millions of people's lives. In lieu of these challenging times, Earnest Sewn has decided to abandon the project on Beverly Blvd. I know, I know. We are right there with you, we had a good group cry for almost the whole week.

But don't freak, there is excellent news: we have signed a lease on a location in the historic bank district of Downtown Los Angeles! The new BabyCakes NYC will be nestled on one of our favorite blocks and we are so excited to be there. We've got a great team of people working overtime to get this opened super fast, so please don't worry. We know it has been a bumpy ride so far, and are so grateful for your patience.

We will have more news soon, compete with a grand opening date, so just hang in there for a tiny bit longer.

Well at least with it being downtown I won't be tempted to eat it daily!
lex
Site Admin

Postby Linda on Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:54 pm

Looks like it's going to be on 6th street in the Pacific Electric building. Can't wait!
http://blogdowntown.com/2009/04/4235-nycs-babycakes-vegan-cupcakes-signs-on-6th
Linda

Postby Michelle on Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:09 pm

I'm so there! :D
Michelle

PreviousNext

Return to New Vegan Eats