2009 Animal Acres Gala

2009 Animal Acres Gala

Postby susielol on Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:12 am

Shared a dinner table at the Animal Acres Gala last Saturday with the Spork Foods Sisters! :D They are so friendly, energetic, and smiley! There were quite a few celebrity guests there, but it was nice to get up close and personal with people I had not met before, but have admired :) I rubbed elbows with Shaun Monson (Earthlings documentary) *sigh*. Kathy Freston who wrote Quantum Wellness, gave a beautiful speech. Besides the vegan appetizers and meal provided by Madeline Bistro, and all the yummy treats that the vegan vendors in attendance provided, Kathy was a highlight for me. Let me fill you in on a few of the interesting things that went down that night... a fire truck and ambulance showed up for a possibly exhausted, dehydrated, or famished guest? They just put her on a monitor and watched her for a few. She appeared to be okay... There was a confrontation between a dining guest and a non-Vegan speaker at the podium, that regrettably caused a scene that dragged on for far too long :x Nice, right? Can't we all get along? ... a shocking make-out session between Debra Wilson Skelton (actress and former comedian on Mad TV), and an older gentleman who gave a substantially generous donation :o Hilarious! Anything for the animals, right?! :lol: She is so crazy! She took bids of donations in an Alleluia -like/county fair auction voice too. All in all, it was a memorable night. I left with a full stomach, a new cookbook and "photo shoot with your pet" session I had bid on, a goody bag, and a great feeling to have contributed to Animal Acres. Life is good :mrgreen:
Last edited by susielol on Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
susielol

Re: 2009 Animal Acres Gala

Postby lex on Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:33 pm

I've always wanted to go to one, thanks for sharing your experience!
lex
Site Admin

Return to Vegan Celeb Spotter