Late Night Vegan Food

Re: The Waffle

Postby lex on Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:39 am

I don't know what anyone would get for the deception, the long term effect would be restaurants just never using the word "vegan" in fear of liability so nothing would ever be guaranteed for us. Anything you don't grow yourself and see from seed to plate is buyer beware. There are plenty of instances of nonvegan things at even vegan restaurants, too. Best thing is to not sweat the small stuff and talk with other vegans and spread the word on any bad seeds :evil:
lex
Site Admin

YELP is GODSEND for finding late night vegan food!

Postby lex on Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:41 am

For those of you who need to get a bite to eat at random hours, Mondays when most restaurants are closed please check out the FILTER on yelp.com Simply put in your address (or where ever you currently are) and type VEGAN into the search area. Use 5 miles or birds eye view depending on how far you're willing to go for eats and then hit submit. At the top of your results you'll see the filter. You can select "Restaurants that are open now" or set the time and day of the week of when you plan on getting some vegan food. The list will filter out. Note that the Iphone app really limits results and its best done over the web.

Please post up your late night finds with any pics to this thread!
lex
Site Admin

Re: Toi On Wilshire

Postby jnet on Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:08 pm

it be good! although i had it after several drinks :mrgreen:
jnet

Re: Toi On Sunset

Postby lex on Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:49 pm

:( The Wilshire location closed, but the Sunset is still rocking. We had freak'n OUTSTANDING service there last night. Our waiter rocked out a whole steamed veggie and steamed tofu plate with their signature steamed brown (black) rice and hot and sour sauce! He even knew about oil free vegans!!! He was like "I guess you guys like A Votre Sante"!!! holy cow we are not total weirdos! awesome awesome!
lex
Site Admin

Re: Toi On Sunset

Postby Christina on Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:30 pm

I used to go all the time in high school b/c it was the only place an underage veg kid can really go late at night back in the day! But I haven't been back in probably 6 years :?
Christina

Late Night Vegan Food

Postby lex on Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:14 pm

Going to merge the Late Night Vegan Forum into this post
lex
Site Admin

Re: Late Night Vegan Food

Postby Michealleo on Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:30 am

Thanks for sharing some good info ... i think i would never go for eat in late night ... because this is the worse thing that some peoples do that caused them to gain weight ...
Michealleo

Re: The Waffle

Postby joy2397 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:39 am

lex wrote:The Waffle
6255 W Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90028
(323) 465-6901
http://www.thewaffle.us
2008 Winter hours of operation are 6:30 AM to 2:30 AM with extended hours on Fridays and Saturdays, from 6:30 AM to 4:30 AM.

6 item Vegetarian Specialties
Vegan Cobb Salad
Un-Chicken Salad Sandwich
Un-BLT
The Rueban
Boca Bugar
Vegan Bowl of Red

Non Dairy Shake Vanilla / Strawberry / Coffee

Parking at the meters late at night in front or on the side. It always seems to look closed late at night, but trust me they are in there.

This is an interesting place! Can't wait to try it one day. Thanks for sharing anyway.
joy2397

Previous

Return to Vegan Food By Catagories