Vegan Indian Food

Vegan Indian Food

Postby lex on Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:02 pm

Pretty much at every Indian restaurant you can eat vegan food. LA doesn't have a 100% vegan Indian restaurant, but we do have 100% Vegetarian. The main hang up is that its hard to avoid the butter... The cooks will put it on the bread and in the rice. It helps to have a server who is hip to veganism. We have the best time at Chandi in Santa Monica. You can even order your food Oil Free! That way you don't wake up with zits the next morning and a spicy oily slime over your body as it tries to exit all the fat from the Indian oil slick you consumed.

I've heard Paru is a good place, but the menu doesn't look too vegan friendly to me. Please offer up some suggestions and pictures rock!
lex
Site Admin

Re: Vegan Indian Food

Postby drew on Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:31 am

Paru's is mostly vegan, and is one of my favorite Indian places.... ever
any items with dairy clearly say so in the menu. the staff is extremely friendly.

great place to take friends to. it looks like an auto repair shop from the front. ring the buzzer and find yourself inside a cozy little place full of decor, and a really nice outdoor patio area.

highly recommended. great hidden spot in LA
drew

Postby lex on Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:43 pm

thanks for the post i'll hit it up this weekend
lex
Site Admin

Postby quarrygirl on Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:04 pm

quarrygirl

Postby joy2397 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:44 am

lex wrote:Pretty much at every Indian restaurant you can eat vegan food. LA doesn't have a 100% vegan Indian restaurant, but we do have 100% Vegetarian. The main hang up is that its hard to avoid the butter... The cooks will put it on the bread and in the rice. It helps to have a server who is hip to veganism. We have the best time at Chandi in Santa Monica. You can even order your food Oil Free! That way you don't wake up with zits the next morning and a spicy oily slime over your body as it tries to exit all the fat from the Indian oil slick you consumed.

I've heard Paru is a good place, but the menu doesn't look too vegan friendly to me. Please offer up some suggestions and pictures rock!

Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to try some day.
joy2397

Return to Vegan Food By Catagories