Vegan Pizza

Vegan Pizza

Postby lex on Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:00 pm

By Vegan Pizza I do NOT mean a PIZZA w/o cheese on a crust of questionably foundation.

Vegan Friendly places with PIZZA *if not a vegan joint it MUST have vegan cheese

#1. Native Foods - OILY as hell. Native Fatties loves to coat everything in a toxic oil slick so make sure you tell them to chill out on the oil. I enjoy their pizza's when they turn out right, but I love kale.
#2. Flore - Cornmeal and Agave Crust, tastes more like dessert. i'd never order it again.
#3. Daminano's Mr Pizza * has Follow Your Heart (i have not been there, yet)
#4. Follow Your Heart (I have not been there)

Other places that I only mention for sake of mentioning.
-A Votre Santa does a thin crust w/o cheese.
-Organic Panifico (Marina Del Ray) -Crappy chunks of unmelted vegan cheese
-Whole Foods Elsagundo has two vegan cheese versions

(Amys makes one vegan cheese version)

New- Gluten free bakery makes a bake&take vegan pizza http://thesensitivebaker.com/pdfs/Order-Products.pdf
lex
Site Admin

Re: Vegan Pizza

Postby lex on Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:34 pm

-Also Juliano's makes a raw Pizza that looks interesting. They have it at the Sunday Farmer's market, too, in SM.

pizzafusion.com
Santa Monica, CA - Coming Soon
2901 Ocean Park Blvd. Ste 123
Santa Monica, CA 90401
Phone: 310-581-2901
Fax: 310-581-2902
Hours: Opening in 1st Quarter 2009
lex
Site Admin

Postby lex on Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:32 am

http://www.lunaparkla.com/index.asp?page=dinner#link146 Wow this was an interesting Yelp find.

The Burt" Vegan Pizza: White Sauce, Carmelized Mushrooms, Asparagus and Baby Tomatoes

Luna Park
672 S La Brea
Los Angeles, CA 90036
(323) 934-2110
www.lunaparkla.com
lex
Site Admin

Postby lex on Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:57 pm

I don't know where my Daminano's Pizza post went, but they make a great vegan pizza w/vegan pepperoni. 27$ though! but that'll keep me from eating too much!
lex
Site Admin

Postby quarrygirl on Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:00 pm

once i splurged with some friends for an xtra large at damiano's and it cost...GASP...$36! so uncool. plus, they use follow your heart cheese. that would be fine, but they never get it to melt properly. i dunno, i would go back because it's vegan pizza in LA...but i am dying for a better option.

post with pix here:
http://www.quarrygirl.com/category/la-r ... -mr-pizza/
quarrygirl

Postby Kevin on Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:09 pm

$36 for pizza? Holy shit!
Kevin

Postby Michelle on Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:19 am

Hubby went to Sante during Vegan Drinks last weekend to pick up a pizza & some other food. The pizza wasn't as big as we expected but was really good and quite affordable. Lots of fresh veggies like brocolli & cauliflower. The vegan cheese was nice & almost creamy. Yum!

Also had some vegan garlic & spinach pizza from Whole Foods Arroyo on Sunday. They usually don't have a whole vegan pie out (but are willing to make you a fresh one) so this was a treat. Lots of good garlicy flavor and even had some soy protein strips on top.
Michelle

Postby Gauri Radha on Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:40 am

Michelle wrote:Also had some vegan garlic & spinach pizza from Whole Foods Arroyo on Sunday. They usually don't have a whole vegan pie out (but are willing to make you a fresh one) so this was a treat. Lots of good garlicy flavor and even had some soy protein strips on top.

This sounds so good! I must try the vegan items at Whole Foods on Arroyo one of these days.
Punjabi Vegan Hindu Dancer
Gauri Radha

Postby lex on Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:13 pm

wow I need to update this thread!!! Cruser Pizza is #1 and we're missing Zpizza, too
lex
Site Admin

Postby Gauri Radha on Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:44 pm

I tried vegan pizza for the first time today, I ordered the Vegan Hawaiian Pizza from the Glendale Cruzer location on Pacific and Stocker.

It was very good, the pineapple was lovely. I will be ordering it again for sure.

And now I must try out all the other vegan pizza places in Los Angeles!!
Gauri Radha

Return to Vegan Food By Catagories