Processed Meat vs Unprocessed Meat both killers

Mostly National News involving diet / veganism / health issues & commentary on how blind mainstream media is to reality.

Processed Meat vs Unprocessed Meat both killers

Postby lex on Mon May 17, 2010 10:13 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100517/hl_nm/us_heart_meat
Eating unprocessed beef, pork or lamb appeared not to raise risks of heart attacks and diabetes, they said, suggesting that salt and chemical preservatives may be the real cause of these two health problems associated with eating meat.

Seriously, I haven't read anything funnier than this in a LONG TIME!
The study, an analysis of other research called a meta-analysis

What is meta-analysis? Its sure anal! "In statistics, a meta-analysis combines the results of several studies that address a set of related research hypotheses." SO easily through meta-anal procedures you can line up your researchers end to end and prove the world is flat...

Renata Micha of the Harvard School of Public Health is a young Greek woman probably financed by some lamb production company. (not accusing, but just saying something smells bad and I'd love to know who paid for this nonsense) They looked over 1600 studies... which means they read nothing, assumed everything and sought out their own predispositions and I bet none of them have an ounce of training in diet & nutrition much less statistics.
lex
Site Admin

Re: Processed Meat vs Unprocessed Meat both killers

Postby RSN-West on Tue May 18, 2010 3:02 pm

If you eat KFC from a pink bucket, you'll cure breast cancer !

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-robb ... 77574.html
RSN-West

Re: Processed Meat vs Unprocessed Meat both killers

Postby lex on Tue May 18, 2010 9:04 pm

Sometimes when I see that stuff I think maybe we should just leave them to their own demise
lex
Site Admin

Return to Vegan News Topics