Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution...

Locals Chat, Vistors Q&A, good old vegan unity.

Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution...

Postby lex on Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:22 pm

It should come as no surprise to the Vegan Community that Jamie's Food Revolution is not a revelation in healthy eating, but rather fresh disease causing animal parts in exchange for ones that have been processed & frozen. The health benefits from changing from dropping your potatoes in a fat fryer vs pouring gallons of fat on salads are non existent. Chocolate milk to regular milk doesn't obscure the fact that 2% milk is composed of 33% calories from fat no mater which artificial flavor or color are removed.

The people may feel better about themselves, but in the end their be poorer from more expensive ingredients and fatter and sicker since Jamie's diet doesn't remove any of the disease causing elements; animal products and fat.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100325/ap_ ... hiest_city

http://www.jamieoliver.com/campaigns/ja ... revolution
lex
Site Admin

Re: Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution...

Postby rawbryan on Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:21 pm

Thank goodness I was not the ONLY One who saw this! I had a huge argument with my Vegan and RAW "Spiritual Friends" the other day about Jaimie 's so called Food Revolution! What Revolution? It is the same garbage!!! Hello cooked foods is so done and yesterday look at where it got us more pollution, more disease, more war, more poverty, more lack of resources and fossile fuels abuse! RAW Organic Vegan is new, and healing, and works instantly at the very least it is different and new! But my friends were all saying oh show some respect, and Jaimie is opening doors, respect his thing and your time will come. I do respect what he is "trying" to do but it is just more garbage food nothing different just like the topic and posting says! THANK YOU I don't feel alone and know that people recognize the same old garbage for what it is!
rawbryan

Postby lex on Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:51 am

I'm not a fan of raw either :) We're designed (or evolved) to run on starch. Rice, Potatoes, Barley/Grains, Maize, Yams, etc are the power houses of civilization. By focusing on a starch based diet our species was able to harness the most abundant food on the planet and overtake all other living creatures. Raw removes starch and replaces it with sugar (fruit) and fat (nuts). Our body runs optimally on complex carbs from whole grains. Raw foodists must obtain their calories from fat since raw veggies provide almost none. Fat burns dirty in our system, just as protein does. Our tongues actually are repulsed by the taste of fat, same as bitter.

Its much easier to avoid argument by just looking at all large successful healthy populations of people on this planet and examine what they eat. Going raw is definitely better than the Standard American Diet, but going back to a starch based diet is what is good for our body and the planet. Peace begins on the plate.
lex
Site Admin

Postby RSN-West on Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:08 am

I watched all the episodes. Of course, I was really disappointed about the meat and milk, however, I do need to commend Jamie for 2 things:
1) He did an ABC primetime show about food and health
2) He mentioned vegetables quite a lot (Green Giant was a sponsor)

I'd like to believe Jamie inspired a few viewers to search out healthy food, which will eventually lead them to eating less meat and dairy.
RSN-West

Postby lex on Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:09 pm

definitely, at least its a start on the right path to be aware about what people put in their bodies. Eventually the smart ones will find their way to healthy veganism.
lex
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion