Trader joes

Trader joes

Postby mobcharge on Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:59 pm

Does any traders joes carry vegan cheese?

If not.. it would be a good idea to start emailing them about it.
Our closest one in westchester does'nt and if my memory serves me right the one up in hollywood did'nt either.
mobcharge

Re: Trader joes

Postby lex on Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:45 am

that would be a very noble mission! I have never seen a TJ's with vegan cheese. I'd be surprised if they haven't approached FYH already. I'm guessing the price point and quantity needed is the hard part.
lex
Site Admin

Postby alittlegnat on Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:04 am

maybe it's just me being non-observant but i havent even seen soy yogurt there. personally i hate trader joes :x
alittlegnat

Postby lex on Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:51 am

I'll throw in on some TJ's hate :) Quality tends to suck. Paper Towels and TP are always a good bet, though. I do have to admit a horrible guilty pleasure I partook in tonight. I'm not sure if these are everywhere, but the chocolate soy ice cream sandwiches, the little ones. I took some vegan confetti sprinkles left over from Xmas cookies and put them around the ice cream part of the sandwich... oh it was a cheep thrill... :mrgreen:

There are various vegan lists for stuff there. Trader Joes is just a spruced up Aldi (same company just gourmet off label products). I think they alter the products a little bit and use lower quality ingredients. Here's a good youtube that sides with TJ's. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lffFi54995Y I guess it depends on what you are buying. I don't jive on their produce, but I do like their frozen fat free vegan rice.
lex
Site Admin

Postby Christina on Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:07 pm

The only thing I get at TJs are those jugs o sugar juice and cookies and pre made pizza doughs but all of that I can get anywhere else :roll:
Christina

Postby Michelle on Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:27 am

The main reason I stopped going ot TJ's was because they were clueless whenever I asked if they carried various items (which from my own searching found they did not). Coworkers got me hooked on a few items (e.g. microwavable brown rice and organic bagged popcorn). Was in 2 locations today to hear they do not carry vegan wines. Um, my research tells me different. Several of their wines are vegan but apparently the employees/managers are ill informed. WTF? :?
Michelle

Postby DarmaF on Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:38 am

I didn't know Trader Joe's and Aldi were owned by the same company. There's an Aldi right down the street from me but Trader Joe's is about 30-minutes away. I wish they carried some of the Trader Joe's stuff at Aldi. As far as vegan cheese, it might depend on which store on whether they have it or not.
Darma - eat for life, save with coupons
DarmaF

Return to Grocery Store Goodness