Locali Conscious Convenience

Re: Locali Conscious Convenience

Postby Michelle on Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:31 pm

Just visited Locali tonight (damn, this place is SMALL!). Picked up some boxed vegan mac & cheese and a cinnamon roll for later. Had trouble deciding between the lone vegan donut or 1 of 5 cinnamon rolls...

This place is really, really cool. And it's really, really close to Truly Vegan- one of our fave spots to eat. I think I'll be visiting Locali fairly often. :D
Michelle

Postby Michelle on Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:05 am

OMG! Had the cinnamon roll for breakfast this morning....wowza!! Nuked it for just over a minute and it was amazingly awesome! :D

Lots of wonderful cinnamon, the icing was sweet, but not too sweet and gooey. Don't want to THINK about the amount of calories. It'll be a nice once-in-a-while treat. :lol:
Michelle

Postby Michelle on Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:24 am

Wow, just noticed this'll be my 3rd post in a row under Locali. Can i just say I HEART LOCALI?? :D (if the Locali folks are reading, I'd like to suggest t'shirts/bumper stickers/etc with this on it please!)

The guys are super duper nice and saved my morning w/2 kinds of vegan tamales that were kick ass. *sigh* More places (restaurant, store, otherwise) could learn a thing or two from Locali. I live REALLY FAR from Locali but actually considered moving closer for about 5 minutes. :lol:
Michelle

Postby lex on Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:49 pm

They definitely rock! I've been meaning to try their deli menu!!! If I lived closer I'd seriously probably go there daily.
lex
Site Admin

Postby atomique on Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:18 pm

Those tamales are freaking amazing.

I just wish they didn't serve so much meat. Bleh. And the Sheese is stored right next to regular cheese. I know it's packaged, but I'm still paranoid. And the Teese is overpriced.

I want to try to slushies, they're made with the ginger juice from A Taste of Life!
atomique

Postby Michelle on Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:21 pm

I want to try to slushies, they're made with the ginger juice from A Taste of Life!

Shut up! I'm going back sooner than later now! :lol:
Michelle

Postby blueone on Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:43 pm

forgot to mention, that san diego has an all vegan store....not so much groceries (some though), but everything from
shoes to soaps....another sign that los angeles should be picking up the pace on this one.
blueone

Postby lex on Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:42 am

Locali, thank you for stocking Dandies Vegan MarshMellows! Made for a kick butt pot luck treat on two occasions! Might I suggest you stock Healthy Valley Vegan Graham Crackers (Amaranth) and put them all together with some rice milk chocolate bars as a Smores Kit!
lex
Site Admin

Postby Gauri Radha on Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:08 pm

I must go to this place I think. I'm way on the other side of LA County, towards the Pasadena/Sierra Madre suburbs, and the Whole Foods near me does not have very many vegan options at all. The local Trader Joes has even less.

So I've been looking for places to buy simple vegan things for home. (I bought a few vegan items from Meet Market on Sunset the other week, and those were great.)
Punjabi Vegan Hindu Dancer
Gauri Radha

Previous

Return to Grocery Store Goodness