Vegan cupcakes in orange county

Re: Vegan cupcakes in orange county

Postby mosez on Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:27 pm

Hey guys, that is so great!
we are so glad you liked them.
i understand on the price, we are trying our best to get as low a price as possible.
its really hard for a small company like us with the grocery store markup, kitchen rental and all of the organic ingredients.
Our goal is to open up our own bakery where we can have a lower the price, we are looking at other cupcake places that sell for $3 and $3.25
and those arent organic or vegan.
I'm glad you got them at the costa mesa location. Unfortunately we are having packaging issues that we need to work out, so for now
costa mesa is the only location they are available at, and then santa ana once it opens next month.
Those are good ideas for the packaging Lex, i'll look into it. I also found biodegradable clamsells like in your picture.

Hey Kristin, dont laugh, we have actually developed a non-fat cupcake. still working on the frosting though :-)

you guys wont believe how good the cinnamon rolls are once we get those selling.

thanks again for checking them out,
the website will be up soon.
jon
mosez

Postby lex on Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:13 pm

Again they were OUTSTANDING! I hope you can get Native Foods to distribute them to the Westwood location! I noticed a TON of small food companies that were in Mothers are here in our Co-Opportunity in Santa Monica & Whole Foods. Seems like there should be a distributor or at least some way for all these people to save themselves many trips! Vegan Kitchen / Leaf Cuisine / Rahel Ethiopian Foods maybe your cupcakes can hitch a ride?
lex
Site Admin

Postby mosez on Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:17 am

Hey Lex,

I have a temporary website up, its just a splash page but has a couple pictures. still working on the full site.
I checked out the plastic cups you were talking about, i think that might work well for packaging.
We are also working on finishing up packaging on our vegan choc chip cookie dough.
I'll let ya know when we get that going.

www.lusciousorganicdesserts.com

We are looking into possibly carrying some of our items up in LA starting in january.
Do you have any lists of LA stores that carry vegan stuff?

thanks
jon
mosez

Postby lex on Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:09 am

Email Eric at happycow dot net and ask him for the name of the distributor for Raheal / Leaf / Vegan Kitchen, etc. There is some women who delivers vegan goodies for multiple companies all over southern cal. I realized it when I noticed Mother's carried everything our Co-op does!

There are so many stores that carry vegan food/dessert items here its endless. I think if you just went down happycow.net's listing of vegan/veg restaurants and hit them all up you might get some traction. The main problem is that most dessert places don't have the commercial kitchen to legally distribute so you might get lucky. I definitely think you should hit up Urth Cafe. They carry a vegan cake and 2 of the worst vegan cookies on the planet.

Santa Monica Co Opportunity & Erewon should be an easy sell, too. Give me some ideas of your target clients and I can come up with more names.
lex
Site Admin

Postby quarrygirl on Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:40 am

wow those look REALLY good! maybe worth the drive...!!!!! especially now that leda's is gone. :(
quarrygirl

Postby mosez on Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:51 am

Just a quick update in case anyone heads down to orange county.
The santa ana mothers opened up this past weekend and we have our cupcakes in their bakery display case. (and they sold out in 2 days) We have stopped cupcakes at all other mothers locations until we finalize packaging. We also started selling chocolate chip pecan cookies at Native Foods costa mesa along with cupcakes.

:-)

thanks
jon
luscious organic desserts
mosez

Postby Mimi710 on Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:52 am

quarrygirl wrote:wow those look REALLY good! maybe worth the drive...!!!!! especially now that leda's is gone. :(

Oh how sad... I never got to try their cupcakes. :(
Mimi710

Previous

Return to Grocery Store Goodness