LA to San Diego for a Vegan Vacation

LA to San Diego for a Vegan Vacation

Postby lex on Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:15 am

I need Kristin to update this trip with photos and details, but here it goes

Hotel (Ivy, as close to LA as San Diego can muster... nice rooms, pricey, wished we'd had stayed at the beach.)
Shopping: All Vegan Store - Has a good selection of men and woman's shoes & purses. Tons of vegan stickers and buttons. Chocolates. Nothing you haven't seen before, but its a fun stop.
Eats: Stephanie's Bakery is so fantastic we went there 3 times.... Don't miss the sandwiches. Hot Salami, etc.
Spread was great. You need to be in the mood for food adventure.
Veg-N-Out is a decent americana veg place. Everything with a Heart on the menu can be vegan. Their homemade veggie burger (ultimate vegan) is the best.
People's Co-op right next to Stephanies has an all vegan deli upstairs that does vegan breakfast/lunch/dinner/snacks! Its outstanding!

The drive was easy and we left after sunset on Sunday and had no traffic. Leave EARLY in the morning to get there on Saturday if you are going for one night.
lex
Site Admin

Re: LA to San Diego for a Vegan Vacation

Postby lex on Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:43 pm

We were in San Diego for the day and ate at Stephanie's bakery TWICE!!! Their Hot Salami is really unrivaled in the sandwich world!!! We had two totally unvegan friends with us and they had NO IDEA it was vegan and loved it, too! The one guy was like "how can you eat this its Salami" lol. Oh I know I'm horrible, I just don't even tell people its vegan any more! You can totally get away with it at Stephanies because it looks like a Strudel bakery as long as they don't read the menu!
Attachments
stephaniesbakeryhotsalami.JPG
Hot Salami on Foccacia Bread. They were out of the regular bread they use, but it was even better this way!!!
stephaniesbakeryhotsalami.JPG (62.35 KiB) Viewed 996 times
stephaniesbakerycupcakes.JPG
Nice cupcake carriers that allow you to get almost back to LA with them if you have self control unlike me.
stephaniesbakerycupcakes.JPG (63.1 KiB) Viewed 989 times
lex
Site Admin

Re: LA to San Diego for a Vegan Vacation

Postby Kristin on Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:10 pm

Fun pics from MY FAV Stephanie's Bakery and our delicious meal @ Spread!! ...The French Chocolate/ Marshmallow dessert from Spread TOO DIE FOR :P
Attachments
Spread San Diego1, CA.JPG
Soooo Fresh & Flavorful!!!!
Spread San Diego1, CA.JPG (45.25 KiB) Viewed 948 times
Spread1.JPG
Spread1.JPG (46.16 KiB) Viewed 948 times
Spread 2 San Diego 2, CA.JPG
French Bread Goodness
Spread 2 San Diego 2, CA.JPG (41.88 KiB) Viewed 947 times
Loving Cupcakes.JPG
Oooh those cupcakes!!!! ...This was after I ate a strawberry strudel..hehe:-)
Loving Cupcakes.JPG (64.97 KiB) Viewed 955 times
sb2.JPG
Deli Sandwich ... YUM:P
sb2.JPG (41.57 KiB) Viewed 948 times
Kristin

Return to Vegan Road Trips