LA to Palm Springs

LA to Palm Springs

Postby lex on Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:19 pm

So I've done the yelping, googling, happycowing, blog reading and it doesn't seem like Palm Springs is much of a vegan destination aside from a Native Foods! We really love the mid century modern architecture does anyone have any advice? I think we're going to head up there next week some time. We'll definitely hit up Joshua Tree.
lex
Site Admin

Re: LA to Palm Springs

Postby mosez on Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:32 pm

we just hit up native foods every time we go to joshua tree.
theres a natural food market in twentynine palms buy i think they have strange hours
mosez

Postby lex on Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:14 am

My ideal trip would be to rent out an architectural house with a pool in palm springs with a group of vegan couples for the weekend and just cook it up and swim/sun/hike, etc. http://www.roomservicestore.com/pages/v ... homes.html Check out the cool pads from this company!
lex
Site Admin

Postby mosez on Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:14 pm

that sounds cool man.
completely broke right now, but count us in sometime in the future.
mosez

Postby lex on Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:37 am

Palm Springs is an outstanding Vegan Destination.
#1. The Original Native Foods
#2. The Palm Dessert Native Foods
#3. Nature's Health Food's Cafe (unbelievable service and product knowledge and a no tip cafe!)
#4. Clarks Nutrition & Cafe (Largest most comprehensive Natural Grocery Store I've ever been in, makes Whole Foods look like Walmart)
#5. Tons of small health food stores with cafes and very personable friendly owners.
#6. Tons of hiking (Indian Canyon)
#7. Joshua Tree (Nutritional Store and Veggie Cafe at the West Entrance)
#8. Fun Mid Century Modern Homes & Tours
#9. Fault Line
#10. Palm Garden Veggie Restaurant
#11. Wide open roads and no traffic
#12. A city with perfection urban planners that make every street a delight and a total pleasure to the eye and your senses.

Negative; The exhaust from Southern California's cars, power plants and industry hangs over Palm Springs like a cloud of toxic waste and settles on the dessert floor changing the eco system here. Solution - stop burning things people we aren't cave men! Solar Power / Wind Power / Geo Thermal all the rest is crap, especially nuclear because no matter what they say you are only as strong as you're weakest link.
lex
Site Admin

Return to Vegan Road Trips