Compassionate Cuisine

Contains Google Calendar supported by various LA Vegan organizations & websites + ability to post about any vegan event or vegans in events.

Compassionate Cuisine

Postby susielol on Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:00 pm

WHO? You! WHAT? Vegan food. WHEN? Friday, Oct. 9, from 7:00 - 11:00 pm. WHERE? Cal State Long Beach. WHY? To benefit Animal Acres, to eat yummy Vegan Food, and to enjoy beautiful surroundings! HOW? (more info):
http://www.compassionatecuisine.net :mrgreen:
susielol

Re: Compassionate Cuisine

Postby susielol on Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:11 am

Spotted ecovegangal and vivalagreens there! The location was gorgeous, the orchestra was lovely, and while I wasn't impressed with some of the food, there were tons it (food) and a lot of variety. Albeit, it wasn't free, it was so worth it to try the food from the many Vegan restaurants and companies that I hadn't previously tried. These restaurants and companies donated their food and time for the cause. How many times do you get to eat loads of Vegan food in a gorgeous location, all while benefiting an awesome animal sanctuary!? My top three dishes of the night: Artichoke and Florentine quiche (found at Mama's Hot Tamales Cafe) , preserved lemon cous cous salad from Melissa's Produce, and peach and apple cobbler from the Cobblermania lady (found at these Farmer's Market locations: 43rd and Central, and Slauson & Crenshaw). My husband and I were extremely grateful for each others presence for many reasons, but mostly because we got to try both quiches and cobblers :p
susielol

Return to Vegan Events