Stella McCartney

Stella McCartney

Postby Christina on Thu May 28, 2009 8:46 pm

so since Stella McCartney is a strict vegetarian and supports PETA does she still use leather in her accessories, bags and shoes? i know some are described as faux but some like this bag: https://www.net-a-porter.com/am/product/37631 says it has patent panel detailing but sometimes patent is still leather just shiny) has anyone read or heard anything about her line? this would be awesome if she didnt use any leather b/c its so hard to find any high fashion vegan products :?
Christina

Re: Stella McCartney

Postby lex on Fri May 29, 2009 8:32 am

Stella products are all vegan. No leather. She does use wool, though. I haven't ever seen that particular purse, though in her line is it new? My girlfriend is a Stella fanatic.
lex
Site Admin

Postby Christina on Fri May 29, 2009 12:34 pm

thats good to hear! this bag has been on net-a-porter for a while so it might have been late winter? now i have to save up some $$ for this bad boy...
Christina

Postby lex on Fri May 29, 2009 1:42 pm

check Nordstrom for sales, too, sometimes the Stella purses make it in the sale table. I got Kristin a wicked Stella bag from there for like 60% off.
lex
Site Admin

Postby blueone on Sun May 31, 2009 5:19 pm

Vegans do not use wool. The industry bringing you wool imparts the same cruelty on the animals as any other faction of factory farming (cows, chickens, etc.). The animals who can no longer produce coats worthy of shearing are then slaughtered for their meat. I felt the need to post as I did in fact wear wool when I
first became vegan twelve years ago. About six months into my vegan lifestyle, someone kindly informed me about the realities of wool production and I'm always happy to pass on information. You live and learn. I am always amazed though that Stella Mc Cartney continues to be recognized as as a vegan. Just like you can't be a little bit pregnant, you cannot condone the use of wool and call yourself a vegan.
blueone

Postby lex on Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:17 am

I am in complete agreement on the wool issue, however, that doesn't take away from the fantastic vegan products Stella does make despite being vegetarian herself. I think she'll make the change, just positive interaction. I did a lot of personal research on wool, the cruelty free wool (a big myth) and spent months trying to find a vegan suit... Modal is a nice alternative, but there still has to be some major breakthrough in textiles to create a viable wool alternative. I stopped buying it, but just like I eat vegan meals at non vegan restaurants I think its important to support veganism and change through positive & pleasant engagement.
lex
Site Admin

Postby blueone on Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:32 pm

i think stella mc cartney and her dad....what's his name....oh yeah, paul...are great. they have done a lot to bring animal rights awareness to the
masses, many of whom would never intentionally seek out said info. my only gripe (and yes, i'm entitled to one a day) is that when the media
refers to stella mc cartney (and her entire fashion line) as vegan, they are giving people false information. note to media: when sharing information please
check your facts. anyway, i've been looking for a good looking, non wool pea coat FOREVER.....still looking.....sigh.
blueone

Return to Vegan Shopping