Alternative OutFitters

Alternative OutFitters

Postby lex on Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:08 pm

I stopped in Alternative Outfitters in Pasadena to cash in our gift card won at the Prop 2 party. Its more of a shipping location with a small waiting area used to display goods. Its a great place for women to go try on vegan shoes to get the fit & feel before ordering. Save the gas and order online. Pasadena was quite a trip from the West Side, but we hit up Fatty's and Co and it made it worth while!
lex
Site Admin

Re: Alternative OutFitters

Postby happyvegan84 on Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:37 pm

were there any sexy boots? I am dying to find a vegan pair to wear for work (and play...)
happyvegan84

Postby Kristin on Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:38 pm

I know, I love boots!! Ok, I have three awesome pairs...well one is pending on my finances. First pair is my vegan uggs...you can get those anywhere. Next is my black knee high boots by White Mountain (unbelievable don't use leather!!) I wear the crap out of these things. Finally, the QUEEN & SPLURGE of all VEGAN footwear... the Goddess herself Stella McCartney:) I just wish I was a millionaire cause I would have every pair...but I only get to go to Neimans and pet them..LOL. I'm currently on the prowl for some new hip Fall footwear...I will keep you in the loop. Some links:

http://www.shoesonashoestring.com/Produ ... 20MOUNTAIN

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/search.jhtm ... 4294966940
Kristin

Postby lex on Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:00 am

Hey at least Stella provides "vegan dreams"
lex
Site Admin

Postby Kristin on Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:33 am

Don't forget to check out Stella for Adidas...Still VERY expensive but I sometimes find a great low -key HIP shoes on here:

http://www.shopadidas.com/family/index. ... VSearch=no

Well I only shop the sale, of course :)

I spent three years tempted and upset that I couldn't have a stupid Tory Burch black flat...crazy I know!!! But I might be able to justify the price to fill a great need & urge by splurging on these really nice Pia shoes by Natalie Portman:

http://www.tecasan.com/item.aspx?icolor=210

I'll let you know if they are really worth the Price:)

ReTRACT: WT Mountain does use dirty LEATHER...just not in the riding boot I bought last year (all man-made materials).
I just purchased these below and I almost 99.9% sure they are all man-made but when I get them I will let you know for SURE:)
Attachments
vegan boot.jpg
New Vegan Boot
vegan boot.jpg (15.78 KiB) Viewed 3278 times
Kristin

Postby Kevin on Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:02 pm

It's hard to get over there when they are open, but I'll always try and buy my shampoo and lip balm from them.
Kevin

Postby Michelle on Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:52 pm

I've never been able to get to their storefront while they're open but have happilly ordered from them online. Great, fast service and they use very minimal packaging with every order. And if you sign up for their newsletter you'll get special coupons & be alerted of new items and sales both online & in store. :)
Michelle

Postby Michelle on Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:34 am

Finally had an excuse to head to Pasadena during business hours while waiting for Doomie's special event to get started last Friday night. We made it to Alternative Outfitter's right before closing time. The shop is really, really small but has tons of goodies you can try on and drool over. I swear there were colors/styles of things I haven't seen online. The small staff was really friendly and I walked out with a cool little Vegans Rock t-shirt- the last one in stock. :D

If you're in the area stop by. It's kinda hard to find though. Otherwise get on their email list and receive coupons and a first look at new items from the comfort of your computer.
Michelle

Return to Vegan Shopping