Millions of MilkShakes? (vegan options are back)

Bakeries that have Vegan Options, Ice Cream / Gelato, Food Carts, Food Trucks, Randomness

Millions of MilkShakes? (vegan options are back)

Postby lex on Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:14 pm

Supposedly they have a soy base that is suitable for vegans? Must investigate.

They did at one point, but now they don't, they are working on a new option.

UPDATE http://www.ecovegangal.com/2010/04/mill ... vegan.html
lex
Site Admin

Re: Millions of MilkShakes?

Postby lex on Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:58 pm

ok this place is crack rock. I seriously don't know what the hell is in that non-dairy soy. One friggen sunday is enough for 4 people. I don't think I'll be going again until I can get the true ingredients in that non-dairy soy soft serve. You can get a cone and just not eat the cone for $2 that'd be the way to go.
lex
Site Admin

Postby quarrygirl on Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:47 pm

thanks for posting this latest review. i have been eyeing this place forever and have never ventured in. you have got me FIENDING now and i gotta hit it up. i am thinking dinner at oburger and ice cream from millions. who is with me?
quarrygirl

Postby lex on Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:18 am

haha, I'm down, but we've got to figure out if that soy stuff is actually vegan! Something HAS TO BE WRONG WITH IT. Also, there are like a MILLION toppings there. You can get a milkshake or a sunday or a cone. The milkshakes and sundays are like $6 and the sunday is what we got and they just fill up a cup with soy soft serve and put what ever toppings you want on it. Its like a pint of soft serve.

So here's the hard part. You're in line trying to figure out which toppings are vegan! There are tons of people behind you! The fruit and nut toppings are the easiest. Not all chocolate syrups are vegan, some have milk powder. I'd just go with one topping, because at the bar after the register you can put sprinkles and powders on your ice cream.

I emailed the info@mof to ask for the ingredients and confirm there was no whey or other strange animal product. They'll give you a taster of the soy soft serve, its stupidly good.

PS. If anyone has been to Maggie Mudds in SF its like that, you'll crack yourself out and be sick instantly.

PPS. we should totally figure out which of the toppings are vegan if the soy checks out, lol
lex
Site Admin

Postby quarrygirl on Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:02 am

ok, so i am pretty sure we are safe with the soy. that has got to be vegan. on their website, in the about section, millions of milkshakes specifies that the soy is "non-dairy".

as far as the toppings go, i would stick to oreos if they have them? until we find out that other stuff is vegan. :)
quarrygirl

Postby lex on Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:03 am

I'm not sold on "non-dairy" = vegan. I think after you taste it you'll want to do some further investigation, too, lol. Maybe its just the atmosphere which fuels my distrust. It just doesn't seem right! Well hopefully they email me back!
lex
Site Admin

Postby lex on Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:14 pm

Oh lord, we are in trouble!!! ITS VEGAN!!!

Non-dairy soy soft serve Ingredients:

Water
Turbinado sugar
Coconut oil
Maltodextrin
Soy protein concentrate
Locust bean gum
Guar gum
Soy lecithin
Carrageenan
Vanilla extract
Vanilla Bean

Who's with me to start cataloging which toppings are vegan?
lex
Site Admin

Postby quarrygirl on Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:06 pm

oburger. millions of milkshakes. food coma. wurd!
quarrygirl

Postby lex on Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:28 pm

Vegan Soy Oreo Shake. Note I only had ONE, well maybe two sips of this incarnation of veganism! Kristin's treat after our Franklin Canyon hike.
Attachments
millionsofmilkshakes.JPG
Millions of Milkshakes Vegan Oreo Shake
millionsofmilkshakes.JPG (67.14 KiB) Viewed 3535 times
lex
Site Admin

Postby atomique on Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:15 pm

VEGAN OREO MILKSHAKE?!?!?!

I am going to CRY!

I drove by this place the other night and my first thought was "I wonder if they have vegan milkshakes".

Now I MUST go there!
atomique

Next

Return to Random Vegan Eats - Desserts - Ice Cream