Scoops

Bakeries that have Vegan Options, Ice Cream / Gelato, Food Carts, Food Trucks, Randomness

Scoops

Postby Mimi710 on Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:36 am

There is a place called Scoops on Heliotrope that makes their own ice cream daily. They have the most inventive flavors and they always have four vegan flavors. The prices are really pretty cheap and is across the street from Pure Luck vegan restaurant so it is pretty much a mini vegan heaven over there.
Heliotrope is parallel to Vermont and the cross street is Santa Monica. It is right behind LACC.

Check it out ;)
Mimi710

Re: Scoops

Postby lex on Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:54 pm

I don't know why I didn't have that listed separately. Thanks for posting it up. I'll add the yelp review link and some pics soon!
lex
Site Admin

Postby Michelle on Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:50 pm

That's what it's called! Everytime I'm in the area I can't find the place because I can't remember the darn name...just know it's near LACC. Thanks for the details! :D
Michelle

Postby lex on Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:05 pm

oh Michelle how you've missed out!!! Its directly across the street from Pure Luck! They usually have 2 to 4 wild vegan flavors. You can get them as a scoop or as a milkshake or even a rootbeer float... ugh I want one now!
lex
Site Admin

Postby Mimi710 on Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:08 pm

lex wrote:oh Michelle how you've missed out!!! Its directly across the street from Pure Luck! They usually have 2 to 4 wild vegan flavors. You can get them as a scoop or as a milkshake or even a rootbeer float... ugh I want one now!

Why am I not in LA right now!!? I have a bunch of food pictures I can post but I don't get my laptop back from the repair center until Monday. I guess I could post some now if I get my pics off of facebook though.
Mimi710

Postby lex on Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:32 pm

So I got word of this

Write and call them to let them know they will gain a *few*customers
for Foie Gras and LOSE their loyal animal-friendly customers who once
happily enjoyed their many vegan options in this trendy little place.
http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/390614

Pretty disgusting... I think I'll stick to Ice Pan
lex
Site Admin

Postby quarrygirl on Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:22 pm

that's fuckin sick.

BUT, a lot of high-class restaurants serve foie gras (xiv for instance), as well as great vegan options.

i dunno, the ice cream foie gras thing seems really fucked up and wrong. thanks for this info. i will have to give it some thought before i go back to scoops. :(
quarrygirl

Postby lex on Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:39 pm

I had that exact same conversation about XIV & other high end restaurants that make vegans happy with Kristin. I think I hold Scoops to a higher degree because there's the assumption of an ice cream parlor being at least a vegetarian establishment.
lex
Site Admin

Postby Gauri Radha on Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:00 pm

I went to Scoops for the first time today, it was delicious! I will certainly be back to have more vegan ice-cream.

The owner who makes the ice-cream was there today and he was very nice. He said he started making vegan ice-cream along with the other type of ice-cream because he had a few vegan friends who requested it a while back.

I wanted to put some chocolate sprinkles on my scoop and he went back and checked the ingredients list on the sprinkles box for me to make sure they were vegan. That was really nice of him.

Anyway, I'm a huge ice-cream fan, so this is my favourite vegan discovery in Los Angeles so far!

Huge thanks to QuarryGirl and Lex, because without these vegan blogs and forums, I'd never know where to go! :mrgreen:
Punjabi Vegan Hindu Dancer
Gauri Radha

Postby lex on Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:15 pm

You're welcome, don't miss out on ICE PAN either!
lex
Site Admin

Next

Return to Random Vegan Eats - Desserts - Ice Cream