Robeks Juice

Bakeries that have Vegan Options, Ice Cream / Gelato, Food Carts, Food Trucks, Randomness

Robeks Juice

Postby RachelS on Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:22 pm

I have only been to the Robeks Juice at the Commons in Calabasas, so I am not sure about other locations but they have several vegan cookies: chocolate chip, pumpkin, peanut butter and lemon poppyseed. I think they are quite good...I live in Calabasas, so when I have a craving for a vegan cookie and don't want to drive too far, I always go here. I haven't tried any of their drinks, but some do have soy milk options which I suppose are vegan, you best ask though.
RachelS

Re: Robeks Juice

Postby lex on Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:41 pm

wow they are like right around the corner from me and I never knew they had vegan cookies! THANKS!
lex
Site Admin

Postby Michelle on Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:42 am

I use to head to the Robeks locations in Downtown LA a lot and enjoyed munching on small ready-made veggie platters (carrot sticks, celery, & radish w/ranch on the side- bleck on the ranch!) with a fresh carrot juice or small smoothie. I recently discovered they can make any smoothie vegan by adding soy sorbet but charge extra for it (so not fair imho). The vegan cookies are bomb!
Michelle

Postby Kevin on Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:05 am

I've always thought the cookies were *meh*. I love, love, love peanut butter cookies, but theirs just don't cut it. You can get anything made with all fruit (yey fruit!) or an extra .50 for soymilk and an extra .50 for soy sorbet to make things vegan, like their peanut butter power shake or whatever it's called...
Kevin

Postby lex on Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:45 pm

damn, seriously i can fall out my front door into one of these and have never ventured in, lol. Even if its meh, the convenience factor kicks in
lex
Site Admin

Postby lex on Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:32 pm

I walked up to mine just now and wouldn't you know it they are out of vegan cookies, but I did get a chocolate peppermint soy sherbet holiday smoothie. I didn't see which brand of Choco syrup they used, but the guy accidentally put a scope of some other stuff in mine and then fished it out with his icecream scooper and replaced it with the soy sherbet so I definitely got cross contaminated tonight! yeah! :evil: :evil: :evil: What can you do though, huh? At least he didn't say "f it" and figure I wouldn't notice that it wasn't the soy.
lex
Site Admin

Postby quarrygirl on Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:21 pm

omg i love those little devil faces. lol
quarrygirl

Postby susielol on Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:21 pm

I LOVE their Vegan cookies! Add Oatmeal Raisin to the list, RachelS! Depending on the turn-over rate, they are either perfectly soft and cake-like, or a little chewier and so-so. A hit or miss. They are always perfectly sweetened and satisfying however! It's funny how they advertise them as being healthy though. "Power Cookies" Please!!! Sprinkle some vitamins on fried chicken and call it healthy! Sure! Like how they have been advertising Veggie Grill as being healthy to the general public. Yeah, like tons of oil, salt, and sweetener (agave or not), are healthy! lol I love these tasty TREATS, but please don't advertise them as being healthy, when they clearly are not! :lol: At least the public will be enticed into eating cruelty-free food as opposed to KFC! ;) It IS MUCH "healthier" in comparison, I must agree!
susielol

Return to Random Vegan Eats - Desserts - Ice Cream