Dee's Nuts

Bakeries that have Vegan Options, Ice Cream / Gelato, Food Carts, Food Trucks, Randomness

Re: Dee's Nuts

Postby Michelle on Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:55 am

Anyone know what's up w/Dee's Nuts deliveries and where I can get some donuts??

Went to Locali twice over the weekend (Friday night & Sunday morning) because 1)we were in the neighborhood and 2)we were hankering for some vegan donuts. The guys at Locali were sad to tell us there were no vegan treats as they've been having probs w/the delivery. Said they hope their supplier straightens out delivery issues or they'll have to start looking for another veg baker. Sorry to say I don't know anyone- or I'd be eating THEIR donuts ;) - but they said they'd love a lead on a local veg baker, just email them.

I only tried the cinammon roll on a recent Locali visit (damn, how many times I have been to Locali and I live nowhere NEAR them??) and it was OUTTA THIS WORLD. Kicking myself for not grabbing a vegan donut too. :cry:

So I'm wondering if other locations are having delivery issues too or if someone else is stocked up on Dee's Nuts cuz I've got a hankering...Can't wait for my Cosmo's delivery to come in today (they now have mini-packs of 3 donuts. hip hip hooray! they were my first vegan-donut-experience while in Atlanta recently) but have heard nothing but great things about Dee's so would like to buy locally if possible.
Michelle

Postby lex on Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:47 pm

I think her delivery person just called it quits (could you drive donuts around LA daily? lol) I'd bet Intelligencia in Silver Lake always gets thier donuts from her since they are in her neck of the woods, but I hear they are gone quickly. You can always order from her!
lex
Site Admin

Postby atomique on Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:16 pm

yeah, intelli sells out by, like, 11am. on weekends they get order more, but who knows if they last longer.

you can try cafe muse, on the weekends they go quickly but they're usually stocked during the week.
atomique

Postby lex on Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:54 pm

I was wondering if Muse still carries them if they do you can definitely get a donut there at 11pm at night! I did like 3 weeks ago, it was great!
lex
Site Admin

Postby Michelle on Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:05 pm

An update on Dee's Nuts (from the honorable quarrygirl)...

Warning...NOT good news! :cry: :evil:

http://www.quarrygirl.com/

The ultimate slap in the face, though, is to be served food under the guise of it being vegan, only to find out that it not only contains animal products but was prepared on equipment so dirty that it’s a clear health hazard and contravenes a number of health codes. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Dee’s Bakery and Donuts: the non-vegan donuts cooked in a filthy deep-fat fryer.
Michelle

Previous

Return to Random Vegan Eats - Desserts - Ice Cream