Dee's Nuts

Bakeries that have Vegan Options, Ice Cream / Gelato, Food Carts, Food Trucks, Randomness

Re: Dee's Nuts

Postby Kevin on Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:22 pm

I put Dee's Nuts in my mouth too, and they were tasty. I had the coconut one and a bite of the chocolate filled one.
Kevin

Postby lex on Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:32 pm

Quarrygirl, you can order them directly from Dee and pick them up at her bakery I'm assuming
d@deesnutsdonuts.com her # is on her website, too.
lex
Site Admin

Postby deesnutsdonuts on Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:18 pm

quarrygirl - you can order directly from me. i usually need the orders a day in advance so i can work it into my production sched. or, there's the chance that there will be extra's at the end of the day, if you need them immediately. like, you're fiending for a chocolate glazed, coconut topped donut - right. now. - and it just can't wait, feel free to call and check :)

you can email d@deesnutsdonuts.com or call the dee's-nuts-fiending-for-vegan-donuts-right-now-hotline: 213-270-4608.
there's also an assortment of cookies happening right now. nummy. and! vegan fudge squares. you know. for the holidays.

donuts are debuting at Intelligentsia -http://www.yelp.com/biz/intelligentsia-coffee-los-angeles in Silverlake this friday. its a small order (1 dozen, per day) through the weekend as a test run. come out and buy them up!!! make them look super popular and sought after! and then compliment the geniuses at Intelli for ordering vegan items :)

d.
deesnutsdonuts

Postby veganskier1 on Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:26 am

At this point you must call her and get a custom bactch.
veganskier1

Postby lex on Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:07 am

Yep, I'm getting a bunch for Xmas morn! Must have your order in by the 21 or sooner for that!
lex
Site Admin

Postby deesnutsdonuts on Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:26 pm

so, last night someone (i share a kitchen space) accidentally turned my fridge onto the coldest frigid arctic glacial temperature, and all of my raw donuts froze and were destroyed!! :evil:

so. donuts did NOT make a debut today at Intelligentsia. *sigh*

but they will tomorrow! i spent all day in the kitchen remaking my 100 raw donuts (yes, it was a terrible, tragic loss!) and put a scathing note on the fridge.

"you were responsible for the death of 96 sweet, tender, innocent donuts; and the disappointment of possibly a dozen eager vegans. may your soul be suspended in purgatory for 2 eternities. amen."

should do the trick. see you in the morning! bright and early!

d.

ps: also sending 6 donuts, 6 frosted sugar cookies and 6 chocolate chip cookies to FIX on Echo Park Ave and Baxter, if you miss the Intelli donuts.
deesnutsdonuts

Postby lex on Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:41 pm

Vegan Sabotage! I'll make sure to shake a few sprinkles off my donut onto the ground as respect for the 100 lost vegan donut army.
lex
Site Admin

Postby quarrygirl on Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:02 pm

I WAS SO LUCKY today to get a personal tour of dee's nuts' kitchen where all the magical vegan donuts are made. i was actually able to watch deanna fry, frost and sprinkle my very own donut and then eat it while it was still hot. (sorry lex, you would not want to see how these things are made, i know you hate oil! :o )

i can't wait to do a full on post on my blog about dee's nuts. they are such a great addition to the vegan community. i know they had a minor setback today, but after eating that fresh donut, i KNOW they will succeed. LA needs vegan donuts, dammit. PLUS, these taste soooo authentic.

L1050461.JPG
vegan donut by dee's nuts with chocolate frosting and sprinkles. FRESH OFF THE PRESS on the dashboard of my car.
L1050461.JPG (225.65 KiB) Viewed 2116 times

here is a quick cell phone pic i took of deanna's fryer when i was in her kitchen:

photo.jpg
magic vegan donut maker
photo.jpg (146.17 KiB) Viewed 2107 times

i feel so lucky. can't wait to go to intelligentsia and buy like 12million donuts.
quarrygirl

Postby lex on Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:17 am

OMG!!! I'm so jealous you got hot vegan donuts!!!!!!!!
lex
Site Admin

Postby deesnutsdonuts on Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:29 am

Just an update: Intelli has been selling out by 8am. Yay! So, starting mid-week, we're going to double the order. I still have a feeling you should get there early-ish to get them though. FIX has been selling out early too.

Also: I'm in DESPERATE NEED of a webbie person to help me with my website. There's rumor of a really huge huge huge Dee's Nuts exposure on the horizon, and I need to be ready! Help!

d.
deesnutsdonuts

PreviousNext

Return to Random Vegan Eats - Desserts - Ice Cream