Jamba Juice

Jamba Juice

Postby susielol on Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:37 pm

LA is Vegan central, right? ;) But what is Vegan to do when your stomach starts to growl and there isn't a vegan cafe or restaurant in sight? :( Not even a Zpizza or Chipotle around (if that is at all possible)? :cry: Well, you are bound to find a Jamba Juice :) I recently tried their Vegan friendly Greens and Grain Wrap found in the grab-and-go section at most of their locations. It is composed of red quinoa, hummus, and field greens, all wrapped in a spinach tortilla, served with a mango vinagrette on the side. It is quite tasty and satisfying. I paired it with an Acai Topper. It consists of acai juice, blueberries, bananas, mangos and soymilk, topped with organic granola and fresh bananas. The perfectly hearty frozen treat. The wrap is massive. It was perfectly sliced in half, so I kindly split it with my hubby. I am sure it's something I could have whipped up at home, but if you find your self away from home, ravaged and lazy, I suggest heading to your nearest Jamba Juice :mrgreen:
susielol

Re: Jamba Juice

Postby susielol on Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:08 pm

I have also recently tried their Apple Cinnamon Pretzel that they advertise as Vegan on their website: wheat flour, apple sauce, sugar (though I cannot verify that it is not bone-char processed) :roll: , canola oil, yeast, cinnamon, and salt. Though it tastes more like a bagel, it comes out fresh, warm, and is oh so satisfying! ;)
susielol

Postby lex on Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:31 pm

great info!
lex
Site Admin

Postby Kevin on Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:50 pm

Just saw their Greens and Grain Wrap but I haven't tried it. I'll usually get a vegan Peanut Butter Moo'ed and that completely fills me up. There's no way I could do a wrap and a smoothie.
Kevin

Postby veganskier1 on Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:11 pm

I'm a fan of the pretzel too.
veganskier1

Postby susielol on Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:51 pm

Kevin, that Moo'ed Vegan Peanut Butter smoothie sounds so rich and yummy! I must try that!
susielol

Postby Kevin on Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:04 pm

Peanut Butter Moo'ed. Just substitute the chocolate moo'd base for soymilk and sub the soy sorbet! Then it's vegan and amazing.
Kevin

Postby Michelle on Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:53 pm

ah ha! I knew there was something about that pb mood that wasn't vegan. ;) I spotted a nice looking quinoa (or was it couscous?) salad in the refrigerated case this week. Too bad I was in a rush and wouldn't have had time to sit and fork through it.
Michelle

Postby susielol on Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:53 am

You let me down, Kevin! The Vegan Peanut Butter Moo'd wasn't very "gooed" lol I told them to replace the Moo'd base and yogurt with soy sorbet and soy milk like you said. It was thick enough, but had a watered-down, yet almost too sweet peanut butter taste. It's hard to explain. It needed chocolate too!lol I made my all organic version at home with a cup home-made vanilla soy milk (but you can use Silk), a small frozen banana (to thicken it up), a TBSP non-alkaline cocoa powder, and 2 TBSP no sugar and no salt added peanut butter (I fear bone char sugar so I always buy sugarless). Just blend in a blender until smooth but still thick. It doesn't need added sugar because of the banana and I lightly sweeten my soy milk with clear agave nectar. It also doesn't need ice because of the banana, so no watered-down taste. Try it! You can leave out the chocolate and banana (just add ice) and it will probably taste like your Jamba Juice fav ;) I think I will stick to my usual Acai smoothie at Jamba from now on though :P
susielol

Postby Kevin on Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:59 pm

Hahahaha. Sorry! I've had some *ahem* "off tasting" ones too. Depends on the person who makes it. My problem is usually too much banana, not enough peanut butter.
Kevin

Next

Return to Vegan Friendly Restaurants