http://www.yelp.com/biz/o-burger-west-hollywood

Vegan Burger / Sauces / Shakes / Cookie

Blog Coverage
http://www.quarrygirl.com/2008/11/14/o- ... fast-food/
lex
Site Admin

Re: O Burger - Vegan Burger and Shakes

Postby quarrygirl on Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:55 am

so the veggie burger is vegan?! i gotta check this spot out. looks great.
quarrygirl

Postby lex on Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:01 pm

That is the story. I've seen this place a few times in passing and then read about it in Whole Life Times I believe. They've got the word "vegan" on the menu in regard to burger sauces and shakes so I'd sure hope so!
lex
Site Admin

Postby lex on Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:43 pm

O!Burger is an organic fast food restaurant that LOVES THE VEGANS. They have only been open 4 months. They have 1 hour validated parking (not sure which parking structure, not the one across the street). This is hands down the BEST PLACE IN LA for a Vegan Burger Fries and a Shake! Their Veggie (Vegan) burger is made in house and its the fantastic kind made with real veggies, not some frankensoy. They pile it high with fresh tomatoes, onions, pickles(cucumbers) and you have a choice between a few fantastic vegan sauces. Thousand Island / Chipotle / Barbeque ALL VEGAN. Their fries are FANTASTIC. Extra crisp krinkle cut with organic ketchup. You can definitely split one order of fries, though! You meal is incomplete w/o a vegan oat milkshake, you can do any combination of date / chocolate / bannana. Organic is a bit expensive. $15 for a Burger fries and a shake, but that's the same price as one menu item at Real Food Daily and you don't even get a mind blowing Oat Milk Shake and fries! Again, O!Burger loves the vegans. I personally guarantee you'll agree that the Vegan Burger Fries and Shake are an unbeatable combo!
Attachments
oburger1.jpg
oburger1.jpg (53.56 KiB) Viewed 3328 times
ofriesshake.JPG
ofriesshake.JPG (65.92 KiB) Viewed 3324 times
lex
Site Admin

Postby Kristin on Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:16 pm

Oh my tummy still feels good from this ALL AMERICAN VEGAN HEAVEN!!! Hands down the best fries I've EVER had...they were so perfectly crispy and really tasted like they were cut from a super FRESH organic potato seconds ago. The Oat milkshake was simply divine; such a unique taste. I believe it was just sweetened w/ agave and dates which make me feel not so guilty for indulging ;) Finally that fantastic burger!!...I loved the fact it was a REAL veggie burger!! Kinda reminded me of Dr. Praeger's fabulous burgers but 100 times better, of course: D In the end it just a great feeling to be able to hit your fav burger and shake place and have it be VEGAN & ORGANIC.
+
Kristin

Postby stevejust on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:18 pm

Wowsa-- good find. But... oat shake? Hmm... what about a plain old vegan chocolate shake?

Miss you guys!
stevejust

Postby namtahamanap on Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:05 pm

Do they cook the vegan burger on the same grill as the beef burger? Personally, if that is the case, I would not consider the vegetable burger to be vegan or vegetarian. It is now a moot point for me since I went raw vegan.
Last edited by namtahamanap on Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
namtahamanap

Postby lex on Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:07 pm

WEHO address is in the first post. Its all Organic, but there are a few really good vegan items. The owners are super vegan friendly and only vegan items are posted on this site
lex
Site Admin

Postby veganathelete on Fri May 01, 2009 1:08 pm

you might ask to see the ingredients of the chocolate that they use for the "vegan shake" last time that i asked it was milk chocolate powder so the shake was not vegan,
veganathelete

Postby lex on Sat May 02, 2009 12:51 am

did you ask one of the owners? The older gentleman or the Asian women?
lex
Site Admin

Return to Vegan Friendly Restaurants