M Cafe De Chaya

M Cafe De Chaya

Postby lex on Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:59 pm

2 locations in Los Angeles, (1 in Tokyo)
M Cafe De Chaya
7119 Melrose Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90036
(323) 525-0588
www.mcafedechaya.com

&

9343 Culver Blvd
Culver City, CA 90232
(310) 838-4300

M Cafe is a Macrobiotic deli style restaurant with is completely vegan if you take away the fish. Most of the menu consists of creative vegan items. The Melrose location is the original LA and the Culver City opened recently. The food is asian with french influences. The Big Marco was always a favorite of mine and the breakfast Enchilada is one of the best vegan items in town. Quality has gone down, but I believe they are working to increase it with the new Kay'n Daves opening up next door to the Culver City location they recently applied for a liquor license to compete! (Its also part of the same company that owns Chaya in Venice and elsewhere)

Yelp Reviews.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/m-cafe-de-chaya-culver-city
http://www.yelp.com/biz/m-cafe-de-chaya-los-angeles-2
lex
Site Admin

Re: M Cafe De Chaya

Postby lex on Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:03 pm

We had breakfast at M Cafe today. I've been boycotting it recently for lack of food quality, but everything was particularly good today. Also we spotted fellow food blogger Yo Soy at the table next to us!

Kristin's fav the breakfast panini
mpanini.jpg
mpanini.jpg (83.49 KiB) Viewed 4755 times

I haven't had the french toast since they opened the melrose location so I decided to give it a refresh, it was really good!
mfrenchtoast.jpg
mfrenchtoast.jpg (87.22 KiB) Viewed 4732 times
lex
Site Admin

Postby Yo Soy on Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:28 pm

Great seeing you guys--what a small world! Your food looks good. I had also been boycotting M because a few months ago I had a run of totally pathetic meals there, but I was very pleased this time. I shall be posting about it soon.
Yo Soy

Postby lex on Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:35 pm

ha, I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed it'd gone to hell there. I've seriously left two meals completely untouched and walked away swearing I'd never go back, lol. I practically moved to LA just to eat at MCafe when it was good! Funny that they are getting a liquor license, probably to contend with Kay'n Daves opening next store... I'll go get my rice there with a Margarita for MUCH LESS $!
lex
Site Admin

Postby lex on Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:42 am

Green Tea ice cream at the Culver City location is fantastic (not sure if they have it at the other two, but probably do!)
lex
Site Admin

Postby Christina on Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:01 pm

dont get the kids gluten free pizza i was excited about it but no. its more like soggy in the middle black on the outside nachos. the cheese wasnt even melted. :roll:

PS: at the culver location im not sure if they offer it at the others.
Christina

Postby quarrygirl on Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:15 pm

that sucks. i saw the pizza and really wanted to try it. :( i will take your advice!
quarrygirl

Return to Vegan Friendly Restaurants