XIV - 5 Star Vegan Tasting Menu

Re: XIV - 5 Star Vegan Tasting Menu

Postby quarrygirl on Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:41 am

lex! dude! lemme know what you find out. i need to update my post because people are already leaving comments saying how they can't wait to try this. if you go to the post, see the comment from "vegantickles" it breaks my heart!

if the chef doesn't respond, i will call them this weekend. attack from all sides.

sigh...i mean, this may be really bad. there may be a different vegan menu now...we may just have to go back and eat there again. :P
quarrygirl

Postby lex on Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:05 pm

We still have the normal XIV style tasting menu and ofcourse the vegan menu as well. We just wanted to capture the 30 percent of people that did not want to dine in the XIV style. So have no worries, we will always take care of the vegan eaters. Look forward to seeing you soon.

Best,

Steven Fretz

Executive Chef - XIV
lex
Site Admin

Postby atomique on Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:38 pm

NICE! Birthday dinner at XIV for me!
atomique

Postby vegantickles on Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:44 am

Lex,
Do you have the chef's email address? My husband and I ended up going this weekend. I called the restaurant 2 days before to confirm the vegan tasting menu. Once there, the waitress hands us the vegan tasting menu then proceeds to take our order, pauses then tells us that the VEGAN TASTING menu is NO LONGER available. WTF???? We were so embarrased because we had invited my husband's auntie and uncle ( he ordered off the regular tasting menu ) for her birthday, specifically for the VEGAN TASTING MENU. The waitress goes to the kitchen to talk to the chef, comes back and tells us he will create whatever vegan dishes are still available. We ordered the 14 course meal, so needless to say, we were a little pissed off, seeing that we were going to spend a little over $400.
So, I want to email the chef but I can't find the address on their website.
I'm also going to email the manager.
Overall, all four of us had the best meal of our lives that night. We really want to go back and hope that they will accommodate, us vegans. I mean come one, they are located in LALA land. Tons of celebrity vegans.
vegantickles

Postby lex on Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:24 am

I PM'd you his email. That is really strange. I think you had a bad waitress who was confusing the situation. Please let me know what they say!
lex
Site Admin

Postby vegantickles on Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:52 pm

Hey Lex,
i haven't received your email yet. But I did end up just emailing the chef and manager at the email address I found at their website. Thanks for your help.
vegantickles

Postby lex on Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:50 pm

check above in your user control panel, you'll see a (1 new messages) PM = private message and is a message system on this board
lex
Site Admin

Postby vegantickles on Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:40 pm

Thank you. I emailed the restaurant yesterday and addressed it to the executive chef and general manager, but I haven't heard from either one. i just used their general email address. I just forwarded the email to the chef with address you provided. Hope he replies.
vegantickles

Postby quarrygirl on Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:55 am

i also had a friend go there, and she said they didn't have the vegan menu. they still accomodated her party and she LOVED it...but we need to find a way to get this vegan menu back :(

sigh...was too good to be true i guess!
quarrygirl

Postby lex on Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:57 am

I think the key is to call ahead and request that they "print" off a vegan menu.
lex
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Vegan Friendly Restaurants