Astro Burger...

Astro Burger...

Postby lex on Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:02 pm

So a friend had told me this was her fav place when she was just a cow puss consumer and I read Pamela Anderson's list of top places and it was on it... so running around today we ventured in sheepishly... I don't think I'd ever eat here again, unless I was really drunk at Jones Bar or Crown bar, etc and could stumble over. They had no idea what was vegan and I kept asking and finally they came up with the Soy Flame patty. The whole places is just fire roasting death smell, btw. I asked them to not grill it in the same location as the other carcasses and they somewhat obliged, but honestly you're shit from here is contaminated, there's no way it can't be. Fire doesn't kill Prions... I'll upload a pic of the only vegan option I could find later, but it was a tasty burger (much like Burger King's Whopper)
lex
Site Admin

Re: Astro Burger...

Postby Kevin on Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:11 pm

There's 3 restaurants that I know of called "Astro Burger." The one closer on Melrose (next to Paramount) has all their vegan stuff listed. It's waaay more veg. friendly than vegan friendly.
Kevin

Postby quarrygirl on Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:52 pm

i wouldn't risk the grill contamination!
quarrygirl

Postby lex on Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:07 pm

Thanks for pointing out that that location has a better listing. Still the same restaurants, though right? The website menu looked the same.
lex
Site Admin

Postby Kevin on Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:47 am

I don't know if they are the same restaurant or not.

There's this one:
http://astroburger.com/index.html
Which is more veg/vegan friendly and has all the vegan items listed on their menu. Frankly, if I go there, I usually get the Greek specials if they are vegan.

And then there is this one:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/astro-burger-no ... -hollywood
Which is the one that I think you went to.
Kevin

Postby lex on Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:18 pm

wow this is so confusing! I mean they both had Garden burger and the soy flame.... I guess I'll need to go to that one above and see what's up! Thanks for pointing that out I'm still in shock that they could be different places.
lex
Site Admin

Postby quarrygirl on Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:02 am

i finally went to this place! turns out they have a separate grill for the vegetarian items. awesome.

i thought the food was decent.

http://www.quarrygirl.com/2009/03/27/as ... ger-vegan/
quarrygirl

Return to Vegan Friendly Restaurants