flore cafe

Re: flore cafe

Postby atomique on Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:41 pm

I hope they keep it up! I had to miss it this week, but I definitely am down for some all-you-can-eat Flore food.
atomique

Postby Sandy on Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:44 pm

lex wrote:How is that French Toast?

Whoops. That french toast was at the other Flore. The one this morning was very different. The cranberry walnut was good, but a little thick. The name I came up with this morning for the brunch at Flore Cafe was "battered slice" because it wasn't quite french toast but it also wasn't bad, so it needed its own category.
Sandy

Postby lex on Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:46 pm

I think it was decent for $10 all you can eat. I had two plates and was stuffed. I think the batter of both the waffles and french toast today was REALLY THICK so it filled you up quick, they were good with the Jam. I think they needed to have a more health code method of getting a new plate before going back up to the buffet. Luckily we were the first ones there and didn't have to risk contamination.
Attachments
florecafebrunch.JPG
florecafebrunch.JPG (66.71 KiB) Viewed 2990 times
florecafebrunch3.JPG
florecafebrunch3.JPG (69.17 KiB) Viewed 2995 times
florecafebrunch2.JPG
All you can eat $10 vegan brunch Flore Cafe
florecafebrunch2.JPG (69.23 KiB) Viewed 2989 times
lex
Site Admin

Postby Kevin on Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:38 pm

I'm disappointed there Lex, you could have packed sooooo much more food on the plate in florecafebrunch3. I can still see actual plate in the photo. It should have been drowned in syrup!
Kevin

Postby lex on Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:48 pm

you must show me the light!
lex
Site Admin

Postby Michelle on Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:20 am

Ok, I just blasted Flore for pissing me off over the weekend...now time for Flore Cafe's turn. Although I'm sure they had a very good reason, blah, blah, blah but still- I walked away hungry & annoyed.

I took Sunday off to head to the Animal Acres open house and decided to hit up Flore Cafe's supposedly awesome vegan brunch. When the heck do I get a Sunday off for vegan brunch? I was so looking forward to it. We arrived in Silverlake around 930, brunch is from 10-3, the Animal Acres open house starts @ 11 and is way the f#*! out in Acton so wanted to be the first in line when Flore Cafe opened. We saw some other vegan/vegan-friendly looking people hanging around and figured maye they were hankering for brunch too. Brunch time was still a whole 30 minutes (or so we thought!) away so went for a walk around the mixed seedy/hip neighborhood. Around 955 we return to Flore Cafe's front door to see a handwritten note indicating "BRUNCH 1030". WTF? I'm HUNGRY NOW! :( I was not about to sit around for another (at least!) 30 minutes while my day keeps slipping away so decided to head to Flore for breakfast. That was a BIG MISTAKE! Read my post under Flore to hear about that mess.

No vegan brunch for me. Thankfully the nice guys @ Locali saved the day w/vegan tamales. :D

So now added to my shit list:
Flore Cafe
Flore

Continually climbing up the ladder on my happy happy list:
Locali
Michelle

Postby Gauri Radha on Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:03 pm

This is now called Meet Market, right?
I've read mixed reviews, but I've always had a good experience at this place. Haven't been to the brunch, but can vouch for the vegan cupcakes and I bought some pretty good vegan chocolate from here too, the other day.
Punjabi Vegan Hindu Dancer
Gauri Radha

Previous

Return to Vegan Friendly Restaurants