Hugo's Atwater

Hugo's Atwater

Postby lex on Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:04 pm

Hugo's Tacos
3300 Glendale Blvd
Atwater Village, CA 90039
(323) 664-9400
http://www.hugostacos.com

Great little Taco Stand. No indoor seating, just some picnic tables. Vegan options clearly labeled in many places. Nachos, Tacos, Burritos, Tostadas, Burgers, etc. Hugos has a clever Step 1 (type of meal, nacho, taco, etc) Step 2 type of filling (Vegan Soy Rizo or Vegan Zuchini) Step 3 type of salsa (you can get more than one) Everything we tried was fantastic, the portions are so large you can litterally split the Nacho (with vegan cheese) and that's all you need to eat for two people. Then you have room for a vegan soft serve.

Yelp Reviews
http://www.yelp.com/biz/hugos-tacos-atwater-village
Awesomely funny QuarryGirl Review, lol

all you hipsters giving this place crappy reviews because of the high prices are WRONG. hugo's tacos is maybe a buck more than normal taco stands, but they use organic ingredients and have TONS of vegan options.

this is not your typical roach coach, but instead restaurant quality food at extremely low prices. they even have a vegan soft serve ice cream option.

seriously, the huge menu has enough choices to please anyone and you get to choose your own fillings for every dish, along with your own salsa.

for vegans and vegetarians, this place is a must. spend the extra dollar, it's SO worth it.

lex
Site Admin

Re: Hugo's Atwater

Postby lex on Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:23 pm

Now that is a NACHO!
PS, don't get the soft serve TOGO because they put a lid on the container and you get a lot less! boo!
Attachments
h.jpg
h.jpg (31.83 KiB) Viewed 5008 times
hugo.jpg
hugo.jpg (44.9 KiB) Viewed 5007 times
lex
Site Admin

Postby quarrygirl on Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:00 am

hahaha, thanks for the yelp shout out, lex! i am so pissed they have a low number of stars. imho, they deserve a very high rating. i think people are just pissed because they are comparing them to really crappy, cheap and nonvegan taco stands.

i am a big hugo's taco fan, and the ice cream is insanely tasty and cheap. :D

hugos-tacos-soft-serve.JPG
chocolate caramel soft serve
hugos-tacos-soft-serve.JPG (273.12 KiB) Viewed 4026 times

hugos-tacos-burger.JPG
vegan burger and fries (order it with NO honey!)
hugos-tacos-burger.JPG (193.66 KiB) Viewed 4029 times

hugos-taco-taco.JPG
soyrizo taco!
hugos-taco-taco.JPG (252.74 KiB) Viewed 4030 times

oh, and a shameless plug...
i did some blog coverage on them here! :D
http://www.quarrygirl.com/category/la-r ... gos-tacos/
quarrygirl

Postby lex on Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:05 am

Yeah I think the Organic, Fresh, Healthy, Vegan, Insanely goodness of Hugos is lost on the Taco Bell Crowd giving it low stars on Yelp
lex
Site Admin

Postby Michelle on Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:19 am

Next time I definately have to try the nachos- they sound awesome. I was impressed to see that they clearly label the fact that you can have vegan cheese upon request. This is a place that caters to it's clientele! :D
Michelle

Postby tomN on Tue May 19, 2009 9:39 am

man- i've never had the nachos! this is dangerous. it's only 4 blocks from my house.
tomN

Postby lex on Tue May 19, 2009 1:05 pm

Just strap on some leg weights or fill up a hiking back pack and take the long rout :) walking there backwards could work, too... :D :D :D :D
lex
Site Admin

Postby Gauri Radha on Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:52 pm

I stopped by and tried their vegan nachos with soy chorizo and vegan cheese, they were very good!!
Punjabi Vegan Hindu Dancer
Gauri Radha

Return to Vegan Friendly Restaurants